February 10, 2005

Feeling good

I was shocked last night. After a full meal, i tried my new conservative two piece swimsuit, fresh from the laundry. Oh my, have i grown fat, in the tummy, that is. I look three months on the family way.


A year earlier, i still had the guts to wear not so conservative but still conservative two piece swimsuits. I haven't been "swimming" for the past year. I say the word in quotation marks because Homer and friends might beg to defer.


Oh well, neither do i exercise, nor control my eating. I am a rectangular medium pillow nary a shape.


Sabi ko kay mama, 'e ano, may boyfriend naman na ko'. Asus. However, do girls try to look good just for guys? Absolutely not! Way not.


There's exercise. Although other or maybe most people do this to have a nice body, the benefits of exercise extend beyond that. It gets us in shape. It is good for the heart. It takes away stress. It improves our well being.


You know, i really believe that to be beautiful, it must come from within. I have a friend who is, lets just say, not handsome. However, he has a personality. He is happy and he has self confidence and when you see him, the look of his face wears off on the second minute. All you remember about him is that he is fun to be with. You'll never notice he is not handsome, if you get what i mean.


I think, the key to looking good is actually feeling good about yourself. That's when you can wear your smile and will be confident to wear whatever it is you feel like wearing.


***I edited this post because it got too controversial.:-)


2 comments:

mcoy said...

"I think, the key to looking good is actually feeling good about yourself. That's when you can wear your smile and will be confident to wear whatever it is you feel like wearing."

tama! i completely agree.

(tumataba din)

Rianne said...

yeah. that should be the spirit. hehe.